Irresistible Revolution Thoughts # 1
As promised, now a few thoughts come from the book "The Irresistible Revolution - living as an ordinary radical by Shane Claiborne. I read it in English. But it is, "I must be mad to live, so" also in German by the name available.
Rarely has challenged me a book like this (and it does it still, because I'm still not quite at the end), as this one. Shane often accurately describes in words what I feel and think. At the same time he calls me out and also brings me to my limits. >> << Here you can read the book online.
I would, over time every now and then some Pick up ideas from his book and add your own thoughts. You may also like to give your two cents.
"It looks like some time back we had stopped living Christianity and just started studying it."
"Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived."
"I learned more about God from the tears of homeless mothers than any systematic theology ever taught me."
"So I gave up Christianity in order to follow Jesus."
"I think I've lost hope in the church," I confessed, brokenhearted, to a friend (which I would say) can
"No, you have not lost hope in the church. You may have lost hope in Christianity or Christendom or all the institutions, but you have not lost hope in the church. This is the church. "
At that moment, we decided to stop complaining about the church we saw, and we set our hearts on becoming the church we dreamed of.
I have little idea where to go which, as the feasible. But I notice that there is a deep hunger in me to dream start with people, to live together and run together something. I can only pray that God put these people to one side or the God is me your page is.
'm Just recently I strongly challenged to believe and to trust. Calls Now "issue concerns" me out the very practical. It makes me realize how weak I really am and how strong God is. He will prove himself. He has a plan. I just say thank you and am excited.
was also prayed this week, eagerly. It was awesome. Quite simple. Bible student. Community people. Mothers. Visiting students. In a church. A few candles. People who have worshiped God passionately. On his knees, with uplifted hands, sitting, standing. A bunch of people who have for our city, our country, praying for our communities.
A man I was particularly moved. Around 60 years and a true man of God. I could shine even more. He prayed (sometimes in languages, sometimes in German), singing, raising his hands. His words penetrated deep into my heart and filled me so much I could only rejoice. I am grateful to be able to do it. It has encouraged me. And so I can sleep
brave ;-) Good night ... Inspired
0 comments:
Post a Comment